Tuesday, February 23, 2010

All I can say is........MMM....MMM.....GOOD!!

Pork Barbacoa Burritos

These measurements are what I used for a 1.5 lb roast.

1.5 lb pork loin roast
garlic salt
salt
1/4 c. water

1 1/4 c. green enchilada sauce
1/2 c. packed brown sugar

fresh tortillas (the ones I found were by the pkg. sliced cheeses at Walmart) see pkg. for cooking instructions.

Put pork in crockpot with water, garlic salt, and salt. Cook on low for 7 hours. When done put it on a cutting board or plate and shred..... discard some of the water/juices from the crockpot depending on how saucy you want it to be. I transfered everything to a medium saucepan to finish the process, but you could keep it in the crockpot for less of a clean up. Combine remaining juices, shredded pork, enchilada sauce and brown sugar, heat through and load up that burrito.......I made ours with rice, black beans, cheese, and cilantro. My preference is LOTS of pork and little of the rest!!! Some fresh pico de gallo would be great with it as well, but I didn't have anything on hand to make it at the time.

3 comments: